Friday, April 16, 2010

We Need a Vacation

Steve was looking at our European vacation pictures on his computer tonight and commented that it was three years to the day today that we were in London. This picture is from the boat tour on the Thames. It was supposed to rain for most of the two weeks we were there, but it held off and the weather was unusually pleasant. And we ended up lugging raincoats and collapsible umbrellas for two weeks.

Looking over these, I realize how much we need a vacation. That was the last one week took. Steve moved between jobs for a year and a half and I got laid off last year, and we never seemed to collect enough mutual time off at our respective jobs to make it happen.

Bright side news: Marcel is back home after spending two nights at the veterinarian hospital. He's still sluggish, but we've got medicine to give him (won't that be fun?) and we're hoping he'll make a full recovery; he'd better after the $524 we sank into his well being. The medicine is a liquid, because the vet said he would never ask anyone to try and give "that cat" a pill. (Marcel is French for reticent and vicious).

Monday is my last class at New Horizons. Then I have three weeks until my contract at the school is up. I mean to get through at least two of my Classroom in a Book texts by then, and will have all of them finished by the end of May, so that I can take the Adobe exams as soon after as possible.

No comments: