Sunday, August 15, 2010

Freneh-Freaking-Ehticks

The week is upon us. The fumigation will commence at 8 a.m. this Friday.

On Thursday, I have orientation for the program at the Foothill Employment and Training Center at 2 p.m., and then Steve and I get to move all the plants off the patio, put the cats in their carriers (a feat in itself), bag up the fish, move the cat food and fish food and cat litter box (and litter) and hospital aquarium (a 5-gallon aquarium to hold the fish from the 28-gallon aquarium) and ourselves and lug this all over to the Vagabond Motel for three days of exile while they fumigate the condo complex.

On Wednesday, Vahan will call to schedule the flooring installation (most likely the week after). Also, I will be bagging up all the open foodstuffs in the house that we won't be consuming by Thursday afternoon.

Tuesday is absent of any immediate demands, but I'm sure something will come up.

On Monday I am taking the Alpha version of the Pearce Plastics website over to their offices, along with a long list of things that they have to write for the various pages (it has ended up being 136 pages, all tolled).

I found a listing today for a graphic design job at Cal Tech (home of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, for those of you who don't know Pasadena), so I spent about an hour today applying for the position online. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I can at least get myself into the door. The application window closes on August 17, so I should know fairly soon whether or not they want to interview me. I sure hope so. It's right here in town and the pay would be what I've been hoping for.

I'm assuming that Vahan will want to start the flooring on Tuesday after we reenter the house after the fumigation; after all, the sooner they get the floors installed, the sooner he gets the second half of the payment. This will mean that we get to move all the living organisms back into the house, then move all the breakables and small furniture out of the main floor for the flooring people; also, prepping the patio, since they will be putting slate down there, as well.

And more possible good news (I'm being sarcastic): it was fairly warm here today (about 90), and when we went to turn on the air conditioner, the compressor did not kick in. Luckily, it was late afternoon, so we just opened up the house. Steve tried it later and said the compressor turned on, but there is still the possibility that the air conditioning will need servicing: the last time this happened (about two years ago), the bill was $1300.

Now, really, how much more fun can we stand?

I'm tired and wanting to go to bed now. Just thought you'd like to know the skinny on the last day or two, and our prospects for the next week or so.

But, hey, once the tent is off the the flooring is in, things might just seem downright boring around here. That is, of course, unless I actually land a job sometime soon.

No comments: