Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mission Fruition?

The couch finally arrived today. It was worth the wait and aggravation and looks really good in the living room, but now everything else needs to be removed so the room doesn't look like a furniture warehouse. Already, I'm starting to think about what the area rug should look like and what we can use for a coffee table that's small enough to not take over the space.

More design progress: the fountain for the patio also arrived and is outside burbling away. It has been cloudy and wet pretty much all week, so we haven't been able to appreciate it as a water feature, since the whole patio has been a water feature.

And news on the job front: I got an interview with a cosmetics firm that has a world-famous spa in Beverly Hills (I'll drop no names) and also does manufacturing for other cosmetic lines. The downside is that the job is at the factory in Chatsworth, which is about 33 miles away from Pasadena in the San Fernando Valley.

The commute, however, might not be as bad as all that, since I would be going against the major flow of commuters (most are coming into town from out there), but it would almost certainly mean getting a new, more fuel-efficient car. There's also a Metrolink train that I could take from Union Station, so that and the Gold Line would get me there in about an hour and twenty minutes.

Landing the job is something else altogether.

The interview is on Monday at 2 p.m., so think good thoughts and put me in your prayers, if you have those. First, that it's an interesting and rewarding job; second, that they realize the value of the talent and skills I have to offer; and, third, that I actually land it if the first two work out well.

Again, no pictures, but those will come in time. I shall keep you posted on area rug options, employment status and couch and watger feature appreciation as the days go by.

No comments: