Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Enigmatic Check In

I wanted to post something because it's been a week, and I don't want people thinking I've simply forgotten to write in the blog. But the last week has held something rather special, something in process right now, and I don't want to jinx it by even mentioning what it is. A few people know, but I don't want to share it publicly until resolution has been obtained.

Another purchase for the living room, one of the last, I'm thinking, before we dive into building the bookshelves. It's a floor lamp that was a perfect choice and a good solution for dividing the living room from the dining room. And, of course, on sale.

I haven't heard back from the people at Thibiant. I assume this means that they're still in the interviewing process, or that they've chosen someone and haven't bothered to let the other candidates for the position know that it's no longer a possibility. I've found that most places do give a call back or send an e-mail if you've actually entered the interview process and not been selected for the job. Depending on how the week pans out, I may give them a call on Friday and check in.

The weather's getting much cooler and fall-like, with a small front passing through last night and dropping enough rain to wet everything down. The rest of the week is forecast to be in the low 70s with the night in the upper 40s. Setting the clocks back brings long shadows in the afternoons and an early sunset: I love this kind of weather because I can use the oven to make dinner and all it does is make the house warm and cozy, not hot and sticky.

Stay tuned: I hope to post later on in the week.

No comments: