Sunday, June 29, 2008

Working Again

I just finished my first week at my new job. It feels great to be back at the "grind" again. I was off for just about a month. When the recruiter called to tell me I was going to be offered the job, he asked when I could start. I said "Monday. I found myself getting tempted to watch Jerry Springer and I'm scared!"

A little about the job. I am the Senior Accountant at American Trust Deed Services, Inc. in Van Nuys, CA. I am being paid 10% more than I was at Delta Shipping Supplies and Lunatic Asylum.

Although the commute is about 20 miles one way, I have been driving in for the first week. I will evaluate the effect of traffic on my serenity after a few weeks and decide if I would be better off taking rapid transit like Mark does. The up side of the Metro system is that it is cheaper ($60.00 per month, as opposed to $100.00+ for gasoline). Also, there is the fact that I can relax on the trip and read, listen to music or just people watch. The down side is that the time factor is much longer. I dragged poor Mark with me last Saturday on the Metro and it took almost 2 hours as opposed to 30-45 minutes by car. I guess I should be grateful to have such "Luxury Problems" when so many people are out of work with little to no prospects.

Now that I am working again, our wedding is back on the front burner. Yesterday, we spent a long time looking for wedding rings. We both have slightly different ideas about the perfect design, but we are both willing to compromise so I have complete confidence that we can arrive at a solution upon which we can both agree.

I am going to try to include a picture on my new office here, so wish me luck.

More later.

No comments: