Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Feel So Loved

I got a cat today. She was so sweet and loving at PetSmart. We put her in the carrier, got her home, and she's spent the time ever since sitting under the bed, just out of reach, so I can't even pet her. She's not freaked out, just extremely standoffish. I feel so loved.

Her name's Patty. That's what they called her at the cat rescue place, and I don't have a better name, so that's it for now. She's a 10-month-old, six-toed calico who comes with a free microchip (but I have to take her down to the vet to get it implanted). Spayed and with all her shots. The $110 donation was well worth it.

When Steve and I domestic partnershipped back in 2006, he had two cats already. As diligent readers of this blog will know, Buddy, the older, died last year. Since then, Marcel, also a mature cat, has made a point of being Steve's cat and lends me very little credence. Also, he's obviously bored and lonely by himself all day. So getting a new cat filled two purposes: It would give Marcel companionship during the day and would also give me a cat that would like me.

So just as soon as she decides to come out from under the bed, I'll get a picture of her and put it up here on the blog.

Thanks to everyone who sent me e-mails with typos on the Web site. I also went through each page with a fine-toothed comb and found several more myself. I got them corrected and updated the Web pages, so it should be as perfect as it's going to get.

The blog entry is going to be short tonight, because we lose an hour at 2 a.m., and I've got to make that up somewhere. I'd say don't forget to set your clocks back, but it will be a done deal by the time you read this. It'll be dark again when we get up in the early morning, but we'll have an extra hour of sun in the evening, so I guess it works out. And the weather promises to be gorgeous this week here, in the mid-70s to mid-80s. I guess, after the punctuated rain storms, spring has finally arrived.

Now to wait for the cat to emerge.

No comments: