Thursday, September 13, 2007

Frenetics

Things seem to be going a little bit too fast the last couple of days. They're changing at work and changing at home and, as a rule, change is something that I react to first with irritation.

At The Hollywood Reporter, we're adding new colors and elements to the editorial pages while trying to streamline the various looks of the features and specials pages. I am in charge of the 100-plus page file templates that have to be updated with new color pallettes and new graphic elements. They all have to be ready to unleash all at the same moment, which happens to be Friday morning, first thing.

At home, a new family has moved in next door. They only arrived last night and the only thing I know about them is that they have a toddler (sounds like a girl) who likes to scream and kick the walls until 11 o'clock at night...well, at least last night. I keep telling myself that it was the first night in a new house and that she's probably not that obnoxious as a general rule. I shall have to bake them cookies so Steve and I can introduce ourselves in the proper manner.

No comments: