Monday, January 14, 2008

And the Weiner Is...

Was that boring or what? For those of you who actually tuned in to the "awards," you probably recognize these folks as the "presenters" of this year's Golden Globe awards. Personally, I was at work so I watched it on the E! streaming video page as I collected the winners so I could pull artwork. Even with the jumpy download, it was a tedious affair.

I got to work at 11 a.m. and spent a lot of time building the page templates for our reporting of the event. I took off around 7 p.m. and let the paginators (who did not arrive until 3 or so) take care of putting the dismal copy into the templates to create today's pages.

Actually, the copy wasn't dismal at all; quite clever, in fact. But the story it told was really all about nothing much happening. The whole thing was rather a non-event, and now it has people wondering what's going to happen when Oscar time rolls around. (After all, there's only a week or so before they announce the nominations.)

Whatever.

The one thing last night did point out is how absolutely unimportant the Globes are, awardswise, and how a handful of critics have turned their choices into something that everyone uses to gauge the potential Oscar success of the films in question. It's also important to remember that the vast majority of the human beings on this planet really DON'T CARE, if they're aware of awards shows at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well, no pictures of ME at Disneyland but the rock guy gets a picture? Hrumph. There, now that I've said it I can get over and let you know I'm actually quite flattered that the rock guy got his 15 minutes of fame. I got a new operating system at New year and "lost" your bolgsite address and have just now gotten it for "the Mom". I love your site! PS Happy second anniversary and remeber it is also Aunt Kit's Birthday (82 this year)
Love you both bunches
Lil'Sis