Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Announcement

Well, it was finally announced, so I can tell the world. I have been chosen/have agreed to become the lead designer (in fact, the only designer) on the new Premier Edition of The Hollywood Reporter which will launch on Friday, Nov. 2. I don't have an official title yet (I am holding out for Grand Graphic Poohbah, Premier Edition), but I'm sure it will be something lovely. The promotion also has a nice raise with it; not enough to buy a new car or anything, but enough to make a real difference.

So this year has been sort of a transitional one, it's turning out, what with Steve getting a new position and me getting this promotion at the Reporter. It's got me feeling good about things.

This weekend is my mom's 80th birthday party, which should be one hell of a shindig. The extended family is gathering from around the country, cousin-in-law Evan has put together a retrospective DVD (from birth announcement to retirement) on the old gal, and sister Kittie has arranged for a karaoke machine for after everyone gets sauced and decides they can sing. Knowing Mom, she will be long gone by that time.

So for those of you reading this who are planning on attending: SEE YA THERE!

And below: a really funny video from FunnyOrDie.com:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is chris again, my login thingy on this site is being buggy so I'm posting as anonymous. I happy for your promotion, but I don't think they'd go for the grand puh-bah, maybe just the slightly better than the average puh-bah. I'd try that... anyways, I watched the video, or as we jive kids call it a vid. (cus evrythin's colr whn u use les letrs) is that for real, did the president really do that, I hope to god not, but it IS bush...