Monday, October 8, 2007

Sucky Weekend

No photos for this entry, as there's nothing pleasant to show. Just a sucky weekend to relate.

Saturday was going to be a kickback day. Nothing to do but have one of the tires fixed on Steve's car, do the weekly banking and head home to watch a Netflix DVD.

At Sears, we found out the tire needed to be replaced because the tread was too worn (it really was) on three of the four tires. So Steve decided to get a new set. Then he thought he'd have them do the lube and oil change (it's due and we're going up to Mom's 80th birthday part this weekend in Pismo Beach) instead of trying to work it into the upcoming work week.

There was a package of services that included the lube and oil and some other stuff that was going to be part of the 30,000-mile maintenance service (coming up soon). It was cheaper in the package, so he decided to have that done, too. Three hours and $700 later ($760, if you count the money I spent shopping while waiting for the car to be finished), the car runs great.

We'd just gotten a menu book from a food-delivery service in town and were keen to try it out. Since we got home in the late afternoon, we decided to order in instead of cooking.

Never, ever, EVER order food -- on the phone, online or in person -- at a place called Teri & Yaki's. The Teri part is short for terrible, and the Yaki part is what you'll be doing for the next day once you ingest this greasy, ptomaine-infested byproduct of the fast-food culture.

Steve woke up Sunday sick as a dog. To make a long story short, I got to do a month's worth of laundry while Steve alternately slept or "prayed to the porcelaine goddess." We wrapped up the evening by watching "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" on DVD. Such a peppy, fun movie to show to the food-poisoned.

Well, I must sign off. I have to call Bangladesh and reset my password for the Nielsen network. Used to do it all on my own, but we are improving our network and centralizing services, so we now spend A LOT more time on the phone with all of our new outsourcing buddies.

More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this blog is not keyboard friendly (nothing is nowadays) my mouse needs to charge and so I'm having some difficulties myself. I'm back! Anyway, sorry to hear about the lousy weekend, now at least some of what was said in the car I understand. :) none the less, I need to tell you, my gmail is actually cj.mcdougal@gmail, and not cj_mcdougal@gmail, small note, but worth making in case you send an email to an address I like never check.