Friday, December 3, 2010

Here Come the Cartoons

After spending quite some time on YouTube, I've put together a sort of video advent calendar. A few of the pieces are not really cartoons, per se, but all of them bring their own special facet to the whole holiday cheer thing.

I'm going to present them in roughly chronological order, and so we start with this very bizarre yet somehow touching Russian stop-motion animation from 1913. This was cutting edge experimental at the time and, remember, all of the "special effects" were done in the camera.



The Christmas tree is up and finally decorated. We started on it last Saturday and, after figuring out how the prestrung lights plugged in together, we took our time adorning it, and it was really quite a pleasant experience. I dragged out all the boxes of ornaments and decorations on Wednesday and put the special ornaments on that evening. Thursday we finished up the tree and unloaded most of the decorations, though none are really in place, save the stockings.

This afternoon I spent with the usual surfing of the job sites and actually found three potentials. With my three percent reply rate on resumes, though, I'm not holding my breath. Still, as Confucius said, "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." So I keep plugging along and focus on that moment in the future when resolution will appear.

And I have the interview with the temp agency this afternoon. I'll let you know how that goes in my post tomorrow.

No comments: