Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a Wet Christmas

It's presently raining cats and dogs outside here in Pasadena, and that's about as Christmassy as it gets in Southern California.

Today we continue with the Depression-era holiday cartoons, this one called "The Shanty Where Santy Claus Lives," produced in 1933. This was right toward the end of the era when the concept of putting burning candles onto a Christmas tree was still thought to be sane.



We went out Sunday just long enough to pick up some final items to finish with the holiday decorating. I put up the garland over the dining room window and strung the electronic-controlled LED lights in the window facing the street, so now it twinkles like stars … well, kind of. It's real pretty from the sidewalk, though.

Our router died Sunday morning, so there was no Internet connection available. We got the modem rebooted and hooked up to Steve's computer, but mine is offline for the moment. This being so, I'm posting this entry on his computer, which is a PC with a right-hand mouse (even though he's left-handed), which is kind of awkward for me.

Hope your weekend was wonderful. I suppose I'm going router shopping, as job searching must continue each and every Monday. Maybe I'll get some holiday shopping done, as well. I haven't even started yet.

No comments: