Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wet, Wetter, Wettest, Wettester

"The Christmas Visitor" from 1959. It's an English cartoon, done in the simplified animation style that would become so popular in TV commercials of the 1960s.

It's a take on "T'was the Night Before Christmas," with a whole Snidley-Whiplash-Nell-on-the-train-tracks twist that doesn't make sense. Santa smokes a cigar and drinks booze while it all unfolds. Also, he's got a Mary Poppins thing going on in the chimney.



It rained even more Monday than it did the day before. Whole gobs of rain. I kept waiting for it to let up so I could go out and do some shopping, but by 2 p.m. it was obvious this was as good as it was going to get, so I got in the car and headed out.

Conditions were terrible: intersections flooded, my windows fogging up, idiots in SUVs tearing around like the roads were dry. Got done most of what I wanted to get done and then headed straight back home. Wrapped a couple more presents and stayed warm inside while the storm pounded on Pasadena.

Today I plan on doing some holiday baking and some boring old laundry. And Wednesday I've got to get the shopping done for the holiday weekend. Haven't even planned the menu yet, but I'm sure it will all come together.

Only a couple days left until Christmas, only a couple of cartoons left to put up here. Hope everyone's holiday season is going well so far. Hope people can get to where they're going by the time they need to get there.

No comments: