Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Everybody

Here it is, Christmas Eve, and now my favorite Christmas cartoon. Coming across this last year was what started the whole Yuletide cartoon fling. My copy from last year:

1936 "Christmas Comes But Once a Year" is a Fleischer cartoon (the creators of Betty Boop) from 1936 and stars Professor Grampy, who was added to the Fleischer character stable in an attempt to tone down the risque innuendos of Betty Boop's early cartoons which brought the wrath of the censors. I can remember watching this on our black-and-white television set in the late '50s. Running across it in color is a real treat.




We went out last night to pick up cat food and cat litter, both supplies almost exhausted and overlooked while getting ready for the holiday weekend. It was crazy out there. The parking at PetSmart was all right, but everywhere else it was impossible to find a parking place.

I hope I did a Christmas good deed. Sister-in-law Carla sent out an e-mail asking for dad's Christmas Eve Clam Chowder recipe. Luckily, I have it on file with my other favorites on the computer, so it was easy to copy and paste it. Hope she got the e-mail, as I sent it just minutes before she was scheduled to leave for the store.

So, Merry Christmas everybody, and a Happy New Year.

No comments: